Top 10 Stats
Latest Posts Loading... Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Bill Preston's Avatar
    Bill Preston is offline Owner - PUA Forum
    Points: 9,840, Level: 66
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social31 days registered5000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,171
    Points
    9,840
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Body Language and non-verbal communication

    More important than verbal communication is non-verbal subcommunication, or body language (BL). This can take the form of facial gestures, hand and body movement, and vocal tonality. Research has shown that the content of what a person says represents about 7% of what is interpreted, with the remaining 93% going to non-verbal cues and vocal tonality/sounds. Women have an innate advantage over men, and it is thought in part to be due to their need to non-verbally communicate with their newborn. Hence, women are hard-wired to interpret BL in ways men are not, for the survival of the species.

    The three key points are:
    1. BL occurs in clusters or 'sentences.' Look at the big picture, including their facial expression, head position, arms, hands and legs.
    2. BL should be congruent with the words being spoken.
    3. BL should be interpreted in context to the environment. For example, a person may cross their arms because the room is cold, not out of defensiveness.

    90% of your opinion of somebody will be formed in the first four minutes of contact, so it is important to start off on the right foot so to speak.

    Be sure to check out the various threads on body language here:
    Body Language, peacocking

  2. #2
    HighTower's Avatar
    HighTower is offline PUA Forums VIP Member
    Points: 1,757, Level: 25
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    99
    Points
    1,757
    Level
    25
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    123

    Default

    That link is great. I need to study that more myself!

  3. #3
    RocketMan Guest


Similar Threads

  1. Body Language - Good Routine
    By Reformd AFC in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 0
    Last Thread: 02-21-2009, 10:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMCA.com