Iv been seeing a lot of posts asking if a girl is interested in you or not. Now this is quite hard for us to decide from you writing down what is happening so I have compiled a list of factors to help you decide for yourselves.
- the reasons that you are in contact, how often your in contact, how much effort she is putting in and who initiates are all important things to consider when assessing such a situation.
- so if she is only contacting you when she wants help with something or needs a shoulder to cry on this is not good and quite likely you have been friend zoned. If she is happy just to talk to you and seems to enjoy conversation and is flirting with you then this is good.
- do you talk often? Or is it the odd conversation every here and there normally initiated by you and not getting much input from her? That's a bad sign because she obviously isn't enjoying speaking to you. if she jumps on every opportunity to talk to you and makes an effort to contribute to the conversation then it's good. Sometimes to stop talking is good. Just shut up and see if she starts the conversation back up. It's gives her a chance to invest in you and in a sense she increases her attraction for you all by herself.
- now there are some girls who will not initiate contact no matter how into you they are, so it's not really a bad thing if you always initiate, however if she does initiate and it's just to talk, not to ask you for something then that's a very good sign.
- hugs do not mean as much as a lot of guys seem to believe however there are exceptions. Most girls when they hug you as a friend their head tends to go over your shoulder and they don't hold that tight. However when they are interested Iv found they tend to bury their head in your chest and squeeze quite tight.
- if you are with them and they touch you for no reason, grabbing your arm, hand on your leg, maybe putting there hand on yours when sat at a table or something. This is all good, this should be obvious but Iv known guys not to understand that it's good.
- flirty touching.....if you get away with grabbing her arse without getting an odd look, messing around when she bends over and her pushing back.....yes I have actually seen guys have this happen and still not know if she's interested. So yes that means she likes it....so do it some more
- look at how she acts when she is around other people especially other guys. Does she flirt a lot with them? Touch them a lot? Look at this and try to pick out differences between her behaviour towards them and then towards you. This is when it's useful to look for traditional ioi's as listed at the bottom of this thread.
- still don't know if she's interested? What you want to do is try to escalate. Now I don't mean anything major just try for some compliance, maybe if your out as a group take her to the bar with you. Lead her to the dancefloor. Take her somewhere quiet. Just test if she is open to coming somewhere alone with you.
Just for good measure I'm going to put this IOI list in as well.