I've lately been reading up on Robert B. Cialdini's 6 Core Principles of Influence and it's a short, quick quide to use as an up and coming PUA.
1) Commitment and Consistency: Once you commit yourself to a position, you have a tendency to behave consistent with the position.
I want to be a PUA so I practice what I read. I approach girls. I have fun with them. I keep myself attractive. I keep myself interested and interesting.
2) Liking: We obey those we like.
I hone my observation skills, and charm people, and appeal to their better nature. I try not to antagonize people even as I stand my ground and share my own point of views.
3) Reciprocity: When someone gives you something, you want to give something back -- EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM!!!
I make girls feel good so they want to make me feel good in turn. Same goes for cockblocks, hehe.
4) Scarcity: When something is rare, you want it more.
I am not a sheep so I won't follow the crowd. I don't have to be crazy unique, but I have to be me. There are already too many poseurs and TH around. Plus, I will neg a girl and not be desperate for her attentions.
5) Authority: We obey those we perceive to have authority.
I have to improve and self-realize to be an authority of something. And I have to practice what I preach, mean what I say, and do as I say.
6) Social Proof: We look to the crowd to tell us how to behave or treat a person, idea, thing, etc.; especially when we are in unfamiliar territory. Source
I am a confident, independent person. I know what I can and cannot offer. But its always great to have friends.
Lately, when i'm feeling unsure about something, I just always refer to this to clear my head and my perspective. Beats having to read tons of material. Hehe.
What about you guys, how have you used Cialdini's principles in your game?