This is my first real post, I'm really trying to take this seriously and get out there more.
Anyways, this is non-sarging related, kind of just fell into my lap. I was sitting in the bookstore this evening reading The Game, and this HB8 working there smiles and says hello as she walks toward where I'm sitting, and then she stops and bends over to start shelving books on this display, maybe 20 feet away. This is in the basement on a Sunday night, so there really aren't many people around.
Anyways, I figure approaching with The Game in my hand is not smart, so I read it for another 30-60 seconds, and then go to shelve it.
- I walk up past her from the front/side, abt 45 degree angle, and ask her if she's having an exciting evening.
- HB smiles, talks about how it's her job to create these displays, so it's alright.
- I ask her if she's in her favorite section (she's shelving self-help).
- She smiles, says (not seriously) she likes shelving books on weight-loss, self-esteem, relationships, etc.
- I say "Oh, so all the things you need help on!"
- She takes a second to get the joke, but then kind of smiles.
- We talk another ~1 minute, then I wish her a good evening and leave.
My thinking was it would be a little AFC/overeager to immediately try to get a number/date just because someone says hi in a bookstore. My plan is to go back next Sunday evening (only like 2 blocks from where I live) and get her number. I also thought if she was a little disappointed when I left this week, she would be more excited to see me next time. Cat-and-string theory.
- Thoughts on not pressing tonight, is it better to just try and escalate on the spot?
- What if I had approached with The Game in my hand and joked around about it?
- Also, any thoughts what to say/open with next Sunday?
Thanks for your help, this = my first post.