I'm new here guys so go easy on me!
Anyway, to make a long story short, I have a thing for a co-worker. At first our relationship was all rather platonic (or at least on my end), however, in the last 2 months, I started to have feelings for her.
The funny thing is that her teasing is what drew my attraction to her. To be honest, since we started working together, she has always teased me in a mean, but playful kind of way. It wasn't until I started being a challenge and engaging in a little tease myself, that our "relationship" really took off and I started to develop feelings.
But alas, I'm one of those guys that reads too much into any situation as I'm sure I've over read this one, but don't feel all my suspicions are unfounded. So I'll let you be the judge here.
What do you make of these:
1. I was playfully (and stupidly) batting my eyes at her one day and she said "your eyes are really blue, I never really noticed it before. They're pretty".
2. Came into work to get payed and stopped by to say hi to everyone. She teased me at first with a "go away" as I was chatting with another co-worker and then made it a point to come up and say "I like your shirt". At which I was wearing a tight fitting, v-neck, t-shirt. Nothing too fancy, but I'm starting to get in pretty good shape and it shows off my form well, so who knows...
3. I took a break with her and she asked me my age out of the blue. She already had a good idea of it since she said "you're 30?" and I replied with a "31", so I know I had mentioned it before. (she's 20, so keep in mind the age difference).
4. I was in kind of a pissy mood one day, but decided to smile politely at another female co-worker from a different department who happened to be walking by. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her look at the female co-worker and then fix her glance at me (since we're about 4 feet apart). The look she was giving me was sort of squinty, and mean, but playful, but I pretended I didn't see her looking at me until we locked eyes in which I tried acting surprised that she was looking at me like that. Not sure what to make of this one. Unique situation.
5. On a related note, during a few occasions where work has got the best of me and left me in a less than favorable mood she made it a point to say "I don't like it when you're in a bad mood" and after asking her why it bothered her so much, she changed her wording to "well...I don't like it when anyone is in a bad mood". Dunno, could be reading too much into this one.
6. On two separate occasions she asked me where I live, but nothing specific like actual street address or anything creep like that.
7. When I got a new car she made it a point to walk out with me and check it out.
8. Brought her chocolate one day after finding out she likes Dove. Said I was awesome and gave me a big hug.
9. I don't think she's too touchy feely, but there have been a few situations of physical contact. For example, most recently, I purposely got in her way as she was leaving my department, and she grabs me by the stomach and pushes me out of the way while trying to act flustered but with a big smile on her face. Getting in her way is a pretty common occurence with her usually placing her hand on me in some form.
10. A while back she told me that I smelled good. This is one of those things that can go either way.
11. Many other things, some too subtle to list.
So it begs the question, am I being given the green light or simply reading too much into things? Also, I'm not sure I can flirt much more given the situation I'm in (work). I do want to take it to the next step, but timing seems to be real important as she's taking a summer class at the moment.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.