Hey guys just wanted to give a quick post on anxiety and approach new to the scene, but been around the block.
Think of your mouth as an engine, on a cold morning it’s slow to start and on really cold mornings it doesn’t start at all, so all the references I’ve seen about hitting malls, stores etc beforehand work but below are a few things I do and work well with getting your mouth started, some situational techniques work when doing the circuit solo.
(1) Start talking at the door as soon as you get there “door man” (“what’s up”, “how’s it looking inside” “any action tonight” doormen are your best friend get to know them!!
(2) Walking inside “coat check or hostess” same thing if HB compliment her, neg her, tease her “be careful with this coat I just jacked it from the pimp I saw two blocks down the street he might come looking for it” keep it up for a few seconds talking is a snowball effect the more you do it the more momentum you will build
(3) Know your scene: who’s promoting the club/bar that night, who’s DJing that night, was there a local event in the area, this will help with opening your sets because it’s relative to your situation gives you a common starting place and if you play it right gives you the appearance of being in the mix dhv
(4) I like to frequent a few high profile clubs/bars so I get to know the doormen, bartenders, hostesses, waitresses, dancers etc. etc. this is good if you are working alone. Immediate interaction with people you’re already familiar with, and DHV.
(5) And lastly if you’re really having a case of cold tongue open lower value sets to get you in the mood do it quick and courteously so it appears as you are just working the room. Something simple like 3 girls standing/sitting (you know chicks have it so easy nowadays not having to pay a cover, I think this whole equal opportunity thing is getting out of control) always gets a hahaha,blablabla in lower value sets their happy someone is just noticing them lol!
Always be up beat and smiling women like to be around happy/confident guys so remember open stance, act as if, and be the guy they don’t see coming. If your still having trouble then bail on the club and hit that mall/store or whatever to get a little practice time in.
Open to other suggestions, happy hunting boys!