Hi The following is a message I sent to a girl I had been texting a while back. We stopped texting for a while because I pissed her off, I waited a month to text her again, and a few conversations in she asks me what I have been up too. Remember, it's important to have hooks in your responses so she has something to address. The following has 10 hooks- see if you can find them before I give them out to you below:
Her: What have you been up to?
"lol. I'm camping w/ friends near (X) right now. Sooo the other day on my way to guitar practice I got a speeding ticket for going 18 over OOPS haha cop was an ass too. After I got out of jury duty Thur. I played in a volleyball tournament, that was cool! I got spiked on by a girl 6 feet tall tho Umm I just started working on my idea for a clothing line. And I'm taking my sister and her friends out to the mall for a shopping spree (my bday gift to her) tomorrow. She's going to swallow my wallet up like you used to! lol What were you up to last week besides beating yourself up with a math book? haha "
1) I'm camping near (X) (a place close to her hometown)
2) On my way to guitar practice (she had no prior idea I played guitar)
3) I got a speeding ticket...cop was ass (she may have a similar story)
4) After I got out of jury duty (Jury duty sucks!)
5) Volleyball tournament (turns out she also plays volleyball)
6) 6 foot tall girl (might bring up past experiences of playing a sport with overly competitive/qualified people)
7) I started working on an idea for a clothing line (girls love clothes, duh)
8) Taking my sister out for shopping spree (I used to tell her that I would love to do that with her sometime)
9) She's going to swallow my wallet up like you used to (brings up past rapport to rebuild attraction)
10) What were you up to last week (she was complaining about having too much homework, so I asked if she had anything else going on).
And all of the above is true. So go out and make your life more interesting (not saying mine is, but it is improving) so you have more hooks to work with in your dhv stories.
And instead of saying "Oh I didn't do too much, just kinda hung out at my friends house on Saturday", find every little detail of your life and make a hook out of it.