Could do with some advise on this one because i think the situation is quite unique and this stage is not at all my strong point. any help appreciated.
the situation is - I was seeing a girl for 3 weeks, after a few dates over 2 weeks we had sex. we had a round 2 sesh a couple of days later and then she she went out of town for a week on a previously planned trip. it seemed to be the start of something good. we seemed to connect. long story short, i really like her and saw relationship potential for the first time in a while.
whilst she was away we maintained daily contact and seemed like we would just resume where we were when she got back.
On the night before she got back I went out drinking with some buddies and ended up chatting to a lot of girls. just friendly banter and chat - i didnt get with any of them. i got my photo with a few of them and thought it would be a good idea to facebook upload them! A couple of the pics that were uploaded looked extremely suspect as it was just me and a girl and i had my arm round them quite close. when i was drunk i thought this would make me look cool or some shit. the next morning when sober i deleted them because i realised the girl i was seeing might be pretty upset if she saw them and it wouldnt work in my favour. loads of my buddies said i was an idiot and should never have uploaded them!
Shes been back now a week and a half. after a couple of days of radio silence i rang her and she said as i had guessed she hadnt text me back cos she saw some photos on FB and said the following kind of stuff "Im a bit confused why you would do that, how would you feel if i uploaded pics of me like that with random guys? im weary of you, questioning whether i want to get with you again" bit of an awkward conversation but i explained it was nothing and i was just a bit drunk and innocently chatting to a few girls, wasnt thinking when i uploaded and took them down in the morning hoping you hadnt seen them. she said i didn't have to justify myself to her.
The next day I invited her to be my +1 to a social event and she said "im not going to lie im a bit reluctant right now, im not annoyed or anything, we're not a couple you can do what you like but ive just been a bit put off thats all x" I replied "no worries, the offers there if u wanna come, sorry if the photos gave you the wrong impression, it would be good to meet up hopefully soon"
i left it 2 days and then started trying to rebuild a bit of rapport over the text. after approx 10 friendly texts each back and forth over 4 days and getting a good vibe again I felt i should ask if she wants to meet up again. she replied "i still feel the same as i did last week and im busy on that day anyway x" I was a bit gutted - just when i thought stuff was OK!
i sent a and then continued to text about other stuff. shes replied to that still friendly toned but ignored my and that was yesterday, havent text her back yet.
my analysis is - she probably thinks im a massive player and doesnt trust me at all and her guard is well up. she does like me and needs time to decide what she wants/observe to see what move i make next. I think she was jealous/annoyed just wont admit it and when she says "were not a couple you can do what you like", she may mean she wanted us to be a couple. alternatively she could be being honest and just genuinely undecided and a bit put off and maybe wasnt that into me anyway. its so hard to tell. i dont think its over due to her continual text replies but then again she could just be liking the attention!
I dont like being strung along and would really like some face to face rapport building to get back to where we were.
the way i see it i have 3 options
1) stop texting her and give her space and wait to see if she tries to instigate a meet
2) continue texting her rapport building and dont suggest meeting again, hoping that she eventually does
3) force her to make a decision and stop stringing me along, to see where i stand, is this a deal breaker or is she going to give me another chance and continue were we were? Although this is more likely to result in rejection, at least i would know where i stand. getting rejected would be a bit gutting but its almost at the point where i would prefer that to the uncertainty of the current situation (i think i have oneitus)
any analysis/suggestions on my next move??? have i blown it?