As the title states this field report is from my first actual 'field outing' - for my background I just posted a thread in the intro forum.
I'd like some feedback on the following scenario that occurred throughout the night.
1. So me and my wing arrive at a bar, grab a few drinks and chill a bit. We're looking at the girls but still a bit scared to cold approach.
2. I see a girl I know and have chatted to a few times arrive and head to the upstairs section of the bar, I suggest this is a good opportunity as she's with a hot girl and a few guy friends who look pretty AFC
3. We head upstairs and I walk over hug her and say hi. My wing starts throwing out some game and negs the hot girl when she misunderstands what he says, I play it cool and say hi to her and smile.
4. My friend suggests we grab a booth with our drinks and sit down, so we walk over and sit down.
5. My wing sits down and expects the hot girl to sit in the middle of the couch next to him, but I sit there instead. He's not happy with this and starts trying to neg and out alpha me, fortunately I laugh this off and the hot girl seems a bit nervous of my friend so she sits to the side on her chair
6. My wing proceeds to chat to and entertain the group, it seems a little forced though.
7. The hot girl opens me (I was surprised) and I start talking to her. I maintain eye contact and am trying to emulate Gambler's game but a little less cheeky. If you've ever seen Top Gun, I was acting like Iceman does in the bar with girls.
8. The girl starts asking me a few questions, which I respond to quite calmly and cooly - she keeps asking questions, which I took be an IOI.
9. At this point she moves from her chair to my right to sit down next to me on the sofa, with her right leg crossed towards me so it's touching my leg and she's got her whole body turned into me while I face forwards (Huge IOI?).
9. She asks me if I play any sports, I tell her I play most things but had a lot of fun with the hockey club as they know how to party. She tells me she also played hockey (I drew the connection in my head that as she was on a course that requires A grades combined with playing club hockey that she's a competitive person/hard worker). I say to her "So you're quite a competitive person I take it, English Lit is a tough course to get onto". Which she seems to love and blushes then justifies this choice for a few minutes.
10. She asks me more about what I'm planning to do after Uni, I tell her I run my own business which she loves and asks more about.
11. She goes on to ask what are we doing for the rest of the night, as they are going to a different club for a society party.
12. I tell her I'm not sure yet we've got a few options open and some friends to meet, I take this as another big IOI however and say "You should give me your number though so we can meet up later on" then hand her my phone and she immediately begins putting my number in.
13. I then tell her to give me her phone so I can put my own phone number in, but offset this by negging her saying the phone is retro (even though it's relatively new) which she laughs at as does my wing.
I met her later that night and danced with her a bit, but my wing went a bit too hard and dropped his pint on the floor and got thrown out - so I left with him as I was getting too drunk to continue gaming effectively as well.
Now is the part I need help with.
She text me at 3 in the morning with this message:
"Hey I'm really sorry abut tonight and how much of a mess it was. I found it really hard trying to include all the different groups and Annie (the friend) kept dissapearing just when I needed her! As I have a boyfriend back at home I was scared of leading anyone on. I hope you have found Chris (wing) and you are having a good rest of the evening you're a great lad x"
O.k originally I was a little like wtf? But I figured I wasn't going to give up regardles of what this message meant so I've been texting her since.
My Text - "Morning lil miss competitive, lol yeh I found him, wasn't happy he got kicked out. I need to go buy some shorts and need a girls opinion, usually go my with my girls mates but they've all gone home, you should come help me we could grab a coffee in town x"
Her text - "Oi I'm not competitive!! Ah I'd love to, but I've arranged to meet a friend from year 1 who has back over to visit! Hope ur search for the perfect shorts is successful - u're really gonna need them in this weather! And I may well bump into you in town anyway! "
*This threw me off slightly, so I decided to try freezing her out and didn't text back until later the evening (about 6 hours later)
My text - "Haha yeah yeah! Didn't get shorts in the end just had a few drinks with some people in town, regretting it now. What did u get up to in town?x"
Her text - "Showed them the cathedral and historical bits of town then went to an italian restaurant such beautiful weather! Haha more drinks after last night! I'm impressed!"
My text - "My head isn't so impressed from those beers in the sun ha!So I take it ur quite into art and histry then x"
Her text - "Haha! Well deduced! I guess I am..;p yeah beers in the sun sound beautifully relaxing, but at the same time nursing a hangover + sunstroke ins't great ;p"
My text - "I've got u all figured out ha It's a shame, helping me pick out shorts would have helped cure your hangover - I'm very high mainenance x"
* She didn't reply to this until the next morning
Her text - "Haha you definitely don't have me all figured out Mr Tension (my real name)! But I will accept that you're probably high maintenance hehe!"
Some background on the girl - I'd say she's about a 9 and girlfriend material, which is why I didn't try to force a kiss or come on too strong, I'm prepared for the long game but not sure how if I'm pursuing it the right way.
Any criticism or feedback is welcome - tear it to pieces all the you want, still really new at this.