Hi guys. The thread title might be misleading, but frankly, you are right with your assumption. Right now my (only) biggest problem in life is to study.
I'm a college sophomore with great life, amazing friends and a gorgeous gf. However, my academic career sucks. It was more of the same when I was still a chump and I still seem to be unable to fix it.
I've tried every possible way that comes to mind. I forced myself to study, asked help from my family, friends and teachers. But I just can't concentrate while studying at home/library or while listening to a lecture in class.
I usually can't study for my exams as much as I wish for. Although on occasion I convince myself that I studied enough and that I'm ready to nail those papers, the results tell a different story.
The reasons why I don't/can't study:
- Most classes feel too hard to even study. (I'm in computer engineering/science)
- I don't use my time well. I just play video games or sleep my ass off when I get home.
- I compare myself with people and usually whine about how they can pull it off so easy, so I don't belong in study groups.
- I can find countless excuses to delay/escape studying.
- Basically I'm a girl on her period (no disrespect) when it comes to studying.
- I don't have a concrete source for motivation.
- I don't really believe that I can be successful.
My potential source for motivation might be money. But I can't see how my thrive for money or getting a good job can motivate me for my next exam, you know? One exam feels like too much of a small piece in a huge puzzle.
So, I'm in need of any kind of advice. Feel free to shoot...