Hey guys, any advice here is greatly appreciated. I have to get a lot of school work done, so I'm keeping this brief. My friend's relationship is on the rocks and I want to help him out if possible.
- Been dating for a little over three years
- My friend has only dated a few people
- He loves her and really doesn't want to lose her
- He's 23
- She's 22
- He is a paramedic and his girlfriend wants him to step things up to the higher paramedic job he could apply for. He's currently working casual and the other position would give him more hours
- She says he spends too much money on weed
- They were supposed to go on a trip together to Quebec last summer, but he got hit with an 800 dollar car bill for repairs and couldn't make it happen. The trip was important to her for them and she blames the situation partly on the money he spends on weed.
- He's currently recovering from a jaw surgery.
So with the above stated, I'm wondering what his best move is to get her back. He really doesn't want to lose her. Since he acts so desperate for her to stay, how does this convey to her?
I haven't been in a committed relationship for years. I've just been casually dating and what not so I don't know how he should play this.
Any help is appreciated,