Before I answer your questions, I was also going to make meteora's point, but in more of a numerical context: opening 200 girls in 2 years is slightly less than 2 girls a week on average. That's extremely small. You should be opening more than that per day. I would recommend an average of 5/day. That said, the quality of the pickup is as much, if not more, important than the quantity. You may see people saying that they met 10 girls in one day, but that sounds like 10 2-min conversations with no attraction. Once you get better at pickup, the conversations will be longer and you won't be able to meet so many girls per day, especially while maintaining a life of your own. Bottom line: you need to open up a lot more chicks.
Also, about wings: they're not necessary. In fact, I've been picking up chicks by myself for so long that I think that I might not be such a great wing. When girls asked me where my friends were, I just said, "My buddy was supposed to meet me here but got sick and cancelled, and I wasn't gonna let that rain on my parade. I'm gonna have fun no matter what!" Girls are really into that kind of confidence, determination, and positive energy. You don't need wingmen, just confidence.
1. One of my favorite strategies for hitting on chicks when I don't want them to think that I just want to get laid is to make some cocky-funny comment or neg, followed by, "It'd never work out between us," but say that lightheartedly. By automatically dismissing her, but not in an off-putting way, you throw her off because she doesn't expect that and is more likely to continue conversation with you. Another strategy is to make up a time limit, i.e., "I have to jet in 5/10 minutes, but..." Don't force that in the convo. Use it once you start getting a nice flow of conversation going. Lastly, if a girl calls you out on just wanting to get laid, I LOVE SAYING, "Please, you wish. I am not that easy. You'll have to try harder than that." Obviously, say that with a smile. Now, you're putting her in the chasing position and making you the prize.
2. There are many ways to get around this. Here are two of my favorites, and always smile when you say them to lower women's defenses. Ex. 1: "I know, I don't know you either. That's why I'm still kinda worried that you might be a crazy person. So let's [grab coffee/lunch/walk around/etc.] so people will hear me if I scream for help." Ex. 2: "I know you don't know me, and it's such a shame, but I can help you with that."
3. I don't stop women on the street so often because I live in NYC where everyone's in a rush. I like coffee shops (talk in line or at a table and sit down with them), supermarkets (neg them on their choice of food), women's section of clothing stores (ask for advice for buying a gift for a friend, mom, sister, etc.), and subways/trains/etc. (you can talk about anything; you guys are stuck there, so don't make her feel cornered but definitely add humor because commutes are boring and you'll stand out more). Also, to make women more comfortable about approaching them on the street, again, make up a time limit so they're not so defensive and concerned about how long you're gonna be talking to her.
4. Some people learn prejudice from a young age, and that kind of person isn't worth your time or effort because it's ingrained in them. Others are just inexperienced and ignorant. Early in the conversation, make THEM feel different (i.e., neg) and add some sappy qualifier to get them to give you a chance. Ex.: "I can't believe you like X. Normally, I wouldn't connect with someone like that, but you seem different. I have a good feeling about you."
5. I don't know who told you that you have to compliment women in direct day game because I have never done that and am very successful. In fact, I NEVER compliment women until I'm qualifying them, and even then, it's often a backhanded compliment, like a neg or cocky-funny joke. Especially never compliment a stuck-up chick. That's exactly the kind of person who you neg off the bat. Try it. That said, I wouldn't bother wasting time with a stuck-up person, even if I think that I could successfully pick her up. I get the appeal because you find it validating if you pickup a stuck-up chick, but who cares? They're not worth anyone's time. You're better off focusing your energy on someone who'd be worth spending time with, even if just to make her a fuck buddy.