Top 10 Stats
Latest Posts Loading... Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Commodore_man is offline Aspiring PUA
    Points: 59, Level: 1
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1
    Points
    59
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Clothes for the not too classy.

    Hi guys am new to this. One thing i wanna sort out is my style of dress. Now im someone who has always dressed very casual or chavy. Eg, Addidas shoes, lonsdales tees, jeans, singlets. Now ive lost a lot of weight over the last year and in the process of getting in shape.

    I do not feel comfortable in suits or anything fancy. Should i stick to dressing sporty/chav or do i need to change the way I dress? Any advice would be great.

  2. #2
    Urbane is offline Aspiring PUA
    Points: 67, Level: 1
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    7
    Points
    67
    Level
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Clothes for the not too classy.

    CM, the problem with your current style is that it is not different from most other guy's style. Substitute Abercrombie & Fitch for Londale and you've just described 95% of the single guys in my city. The other 5% are gay and well-dressed.

    It sounds like you are into boxing, so sneakers could be OK, but consider ditching the gym-type sneakers (Nike, etc.) and get some dressy, stylish sneakers like Aldo or Rockport. And don't wear the same pair of sneakers every day, keep them clean, fresh, and new-looking.

    Likewise, if you're going to wear jeans, forget about Levis and the like and get some modern, stylized jeans like BKE or Rock Revival. These usually have elaborate stitching and other details that standard jeans just don't have.

    If you are a boxer, you have the good luck of being able to wear more "macho" accessories, like a thick leather belt and bracelet.

    The problem isn't dressing casual, it's the content. In other words, it's the clothes which are being used to convey that message which is the problem, not the style itself. Put another way, you aren't using stylish clothes to convey casualness. Does that make sense?

  3. #3
    Mikalichov is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 3,134, Level: 34
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    394
    Points
    3,134
    Level
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    149

    Default Re: Clothes for the not too classy.

    For the sneakers, look onto soccer shoes, there are some incredibly cool stuff there. Last week I had twice a girl complimenting my shoes in the subway haha

    Other than that, try to switch from t-shirts to shirts; start with one day a week where you force yourself to wear a shirt, then two, until you get comfortable. And then, add a nice vest to the mix.. You'll be surprised how a simple shirt gets you above the crowd (as an exercise, check for shirt people in the street, and then try to imagine them with a t-shirt instead; less alpha heh?)


Similar Threads

  1. Clothes for a Badass
    By Nekoboy in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Thread: 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM
  2. Lost my weight - need all new clothes. Where do i start?
    By compgeni in forum Members Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Thread: 03-09-2012, 04:28 AM
  3. Reclaiming Classy HB8/9 University Girl
    By Jonathan08 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Thread: 01-27-2012, 05:48 AM
  4. Opener: Expensive Clothes Question
    By MPUA Steve in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 0
    Last Thread: 11-18-2008, 10:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMCA.com