Top 10 Stats
Latest Posts Loading... Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

  1. #1
    Rando9009 is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 407, Level: 8
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered250 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    187
    Points
    407
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    30

    Default what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Guys, i know we've all run into this from time to time...

    But what is the best way to proceed after you text a girl something simple, and she responds something along the lines of "who is this?" Or "sorry who is this, i got a new phone and lost all my numbers?" Current girl that texted this back today to me... we used to bang occasionally but it kind of faded and havnt talked to her for like a month. Now i know for a fact thatshe actually did lose her phone awhile back... but i swear that i have talked to her since then...idk.

    Sometimes i think this could be bs (deleted your number), but in some cases legit. And i feel like skmply texting my name back isnt very exciting.

    Any ideas? I was thinking about turing it into a guessing game? Or simply saying "you have to guess now. Clue: I'm the coolest guy ever.. " then next text on to some actual clues..

    What do you think? And other ideas appreciated

  2. #2
    Rando9009 is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 407, Level: 8
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered250 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    187
    Points
    407
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Any insight here? I actually did the guessing game, she played along for a text or two, then dropped off the map.

  3. #3
    Autismus's Avatar
    Autismus is offline PUA All Star
    Points: 10,566, Level: 68
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 284
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    903
    Points
    10,566
    Level
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    473

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    best thing is "[your name], from [place you know her from]"

    If you try to make it playful she might play back, but she also might just as easily ignore it
    DTF HB's omw 2 LTR

  4. #4
    Cody's Avatar
    Cody is offline PUA All Star (RETIRED)
    Points: 23,461, Level: 94
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CF, IA
    Posts
    1,097
    Points
    23,461
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    994

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Autismus is right. Whether she actually has your number or not is irrelevant. It could be a sh*t test, or it could not, but either way your reply is the same: your name. Don't make a scene. I always reply with my full name because it's short, sweet, and frequents other people's mouths if you know what I mean. If it's a girl that just disqualified herself by the fact that she asked, "Who is this," then I respond, "Cody M*ther F*cking See." Keep in mind I don't care what she says anymore and I'm probably done talking with her if I say the latter. She'll remember the name and she'll probably bad-mouth me for it, but bad press is still press
    Wondering where I am now? Check out my latest project:


  5. #5
    Rando9009 is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 407, Level: 8
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 9.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered250 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    187
    Points
    407
    Level
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    30

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Autismus is right. Whether she actually has your number or not is irrelevant. It could be a sh*t test, or it could not, but either way your reply is the same: your name. Don't make a scene. I always reply with my full name because it's short, sweet, and frequents other people's mouths if you know what I mean. If it's a girl that just disqualified herself by the fact that she asked, "Who is this," then I respond, "Cody M*ther F*cking See." Keep in mind I don't care what she says anymore and I'm probably done talking with her if I say the latter. She'll remember the name and she'll probably bad-mouth me for it, but bad press is still press
    Haha alright. At this point already texted her with the game, didnt work as planned. Oh well dont really care to much. Wont talk to her anymore, not worth my time!

  6. #6
    Cody's Avatar
    Cody is offline PUA All Star (RETIRED)
    Points: 23,461, Level: 94
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 889
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CF, IA
    Posts
    1,097
    Points
    23,461
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    994

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rando9009 View Post
    Haha alright. At this point already texted her with the game, didnt work as planned. Oh well dont really care to much. Wont talk to her anymore, not worth my time!
    Good Mindset

    pLuS tHiRtY cHaRaCtErS
    Wondering where I am now? Check out my latest project:


  7. #7
    LockDown's Avatar
    LockDown is offline PUA All Star
    Points: 7,026, Level: 55
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    873
    Points
    7,026
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    332

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    I did this once... got a girls number at work... did a future projection (we should totally go for lunch at this great place blah blah). She is an HB9 BUT pretty humorless.

    Anyway, i txt her from my desk saying im bored... it was literally 3 days since she gave it to me (oh and i txt them when they give me their number just to let them know my number)... and she asked who is this. I was pissed because we had talked quite a bit, i had given car buying advice (sidenote: DONT help HB's find good auto prices. Because they're HB, they get better prices than u do!) and i helped her on occasion at work (i was still AFC).

    Anyway, i just say, 'this is justin. Aren't u karen?' (Justin is my fake name). She says wrong number. I push the issue (i'm sure this is karen). She starts getting mad. But oddly enough, she doesnt block the number and keeps responding. I then ask 'so who are u? Any chance ur a hot chick?' And i took it from there along that line...

    I was an AFC so i eventually revealed myself when i walked past her but i always wondered if i had known what i know now if i could've done anything with it. Personally tho, a girl who doesnt remember a number given a day before is not cool.
    Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
    Oscar Wilde


  8. #8
    The Red Baron's Avatar
    The Red Baron is offline PUA All Star
    Points: 16,918, Level: 83
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 432
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    995
    Points
    16,918
    Level
    83
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    734

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    I agree with Cody and Autismus, but add a little humor to it. I ran this the other day, got pretty good response

    "I'm X, that rediculously good looking guy you met a Y"
    Never need praise, sympathy, or approval



  9. #9
    whitedragon is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 15,299, Level: 79
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    Social10000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Points
    15,299
    Level
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    675

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    I agree with red baron - 'who is this?' is a perfect opportunity to advertise more than just your name. 'hi its Tarquin (haha or whatever your name is), the guy with the cute smile and cool sunglasses '.

  10. #10
    Niterider450 is offline PUA in Training
    Points: 181, Level: 3
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 6.3%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    62
    Points
    181
    Level
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: what to do when girl texts back.... "who is this?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Rando9009 View Post
    Guys, i know we've all run into this from time to time...

    But what is the best way to proceed after you text a girl something simple, and she responds something along the lines of "who is this?" Or "sorry who is this, i got a new phone and lost all my numbers?" Current girl that texted this back today to me... we used to bang occasionally but it kind of faded and havnt talked to her for like a month. Now i know for a fact thatshe actually did lose her phone awhile back... but i swear that i have talked to her since then...idk.

    Sometimes i think this could be bs (deleted your number), but in some cases legit. And i feel like skmply texting my name back isnt very exciting.

    Any ideas? I was thinking about turing it into a guessing game? Or simply saying "you have to guess now. Clue: I'm the coolest guy ever.. " then next text on to some actual clues..

    What do you think? And other ideas appreciated
    Sometimes chicks have so many people texting they really dont know. But sometimes its a test.


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trouble with a "friend" worried I have or am getting "friendzoned"
    By robot690 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Thread: 02-24-2013, 07:08 AM
  2. Is it true girls take "kindness" for "weakness"?
    By Bender in forum Online And Text Game
    Replies: 12
    Last Thread: 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
  3. "Normal" vs "Abnormal" texting game
    By Saff Mcgraff in forum Online And Text Game
    Replies: 8
    Last Thread: 08-06-2012, 12:58 AM
  4. What if she uses back d c/f line "u tryin 2 pick me up?"
    By skullring92 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Thread: 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
  5. For the Chodes who write "get back my gf" read this!
    By PAPAWOLF1 in forum Online And Text Game
    Replies: 0
    Last Thread: 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMCA.com