Not to worry. I won't plagiarize.
Last Friday, I met a girl at a bar that I hadn't seen since high school. The interaction was great at first, she was all smiles and hugs - But then I got awkward; my mind was still a little blown that I saw someone that I literally hadn't seen in years, and I was having Hot Woman Syndrome.
Basically, I got her number framing it as a possible job connection. There are many problems with the way the interaction after getting the number went, though:
- I confessed to her being my high school crush (though nothing about now other than a reciprocated "you look great");
- I awkwardly made it clear I was interested in dancing, but she apparently had already finished doing that;
- I didn't say much to her friend on account of not knowing what to say;
- She knew I came there alone, but I didn't give her the all-important context of why;
- And she was the one who walked off, saying nice seeing you again - clearly she wasn't impressed with where the interaction went.
So from her perspective, she might have made a huge mistake in giving out her number in the form of a guy who used to be funny and interesting and is now a supplicating, awkward, if well-dressed and somewhat good-looking creeper.
This puts me in a bad position. I do actually need that job connection, and I would like at least the opportunity to see if this girl is someone I want to pursue. What would you recommend?