Top 10 Stats
Latest Posts Loading... Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Loading...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

  1. #11
    lenric's Avatar
    lenric is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,302, Level: 41
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    597
    Points
    4,302
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    208

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    It depends.
    Have you already put it on sexual terms?
    I mean, introducing sexual vibe.

    You can answer: you're absolutely gorgeous, but I'm not supposed to say this (repeat, whatever), because we're coworkers, so it would never work out.

    It works better in person, because of eye contact and you can smirk with bedroom eyes... "" is an option, use it if you think feels right!

  2. #12
    lilsting's Avatar
    lilsting is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,343, Level: 41
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sky above Chicago
    Posts
    520
    Points
    4,343
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Quote Originally Posted by lenric View Post
    It depends.
    Have you already put it on sexual terms?
    I mean, introducing sexual vibe.

    You can answer: you're absolutely gorgeous, but I'm not supposed to say this (repeat, whatever), because we're coworkers, so it would never work out.

    It works better in person, because of eye contact and you can smirk with bedroom eyes... "" is an option, use it if you think feels right!
    Very clutch answer. In the downtime I had written this, but hadn't sent it..

    Me: Oh don't get it twisted now lol, you're stunning, with some phenomenal eyes. I just met you though.

    What do you mean by the (repeat, whatever) part?

    Edit: Bahhhhhhhhh NVM, I'm slow. I get what you mean.

  3. #13
    lenric's Avatar
    lenric is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,302, Level: 41
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    597
    Points
    4,302
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
    Rep Power
    208

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    The "repeat, whatever" isn't to actually text her!! It's just because you already said to her that she was beautiful, so instead of "I'm not supposed to say this", I mean "I'm not supposed to repeat this"

    Your answer isn't bad, but to me it feels like you're showing a little fear. I'm mean like retreating.

  4. #14
    lilsting's Avatar
    lilsting is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,343, Level: 41
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sky above Chicago
    Posts
    520
    Points
    4,343
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Quote Originally Posted by lenric View Post
    The "repeat, whatever" isn't to actually text her!! It's just because you already said to her that she was beautiful, so instead of "I'm not supposed to say this", I mean "I'm not supposed to repeat this"

    Your answer isn't bad, but to me it feels like you're showing a little fear. I'm mean like retreating.
    I ended up using my text because like you said, yours would work great in person. Imma save it for tomorrow when I see her when I can show my body language and eye contact. That's a huge psychological card you threw there, and I want to make sure I execute that luxurious bomb perfectly (text can be misinterpreted). I now have a pretty good idea on how to play this type of scenario out. Thanks dude!

  5. #15
    Swagman's Avatar
    Swagman is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 9,772, Level: 66
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Social5000 Experience Points31 days registered
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    844
    Points
    9,772
    Level
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    437

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Everything said in this situation looks like retreating. She slammed you with the final offensive, and you can only go backwards from here on out as long as you keep talking. That is the key though: as long as you keep talking. It would have been wise to just give her the cold shoulder indefinitely and move on with your life. However, you did respond, and that is okay for now.

    Right now you are focusing on what you could have done. The past is done and over with, you have learned your lessons here. The lessons are these:

    1. Don't invest too much into a relationship, because women can smell that easily
    2. Never respond to that message, because responding will only make you sink in the quicksand more.
    3. Be careful about what you say, because that can trouble you in the future.

    So now what do you do from here on out? Forget about her, move on, and don't even talk to her anymore. Start flirting with and going for other women, and set your focuses on other things. If you see her in work, give her a wave and nothing else. If she tries to talk to you, cut the conversations short but keep them interesting. If she does come back around for you latter, then the ball will be in your court, and you will have a better shot at her.
    "There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time." - Malcolm X

  6. #16
    lilsting's Avatar
    lilsting is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,343, Level: 41
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sky above Chicago
    Posts
    520
    Points
    4,343
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Quote Originally Posted by Swagman View Post
    Everything said in this situation looks like retreating. She slammed you with the final offensive, and you can only go backwards from here on out as long as you keep talking. That is the key though: as long as you keep talking. It would have been wise to just give her the cold shoulder indefinitely and move on with your life. However, you did respond, and that is okay for now.

    Right now you are focusing on what you could have done. The past is done and over with, you have learned your lessons here. The lessons are these:

    1. Don't invest too much into a relationship, because women can smell that easily
    2. Never respond to that message, because responding will only make you sink in the quicksand more.
    3. Be careful about what you say, because that can trouble you in the future.

    So now what do you do from here on out? Forget about her, move on, and don't even talk to her anymore. Start flirting with and going for other women, and set your focuses on other things. If you see her in work, give her a wave and nothing else. If she tries to talk to you, cut the conversations short but keep them interesting. If she does come back around for you latter, then the ball will be in your court, and you will have a better shot at her.
    I have this gut feelings that she'll be back. I didn't invest much into it. I was chillin. I still am lol. I'm actually thankful I got to experience this. Learning is the fruit that breeds wisdom. I didn't want to ignore the message because then it makes it seem like I'm butt hurt. I'd rather make her feel like an ass for ASSuming (see what I did there), and then disappear. From here on out I'll cut all the convos short and keep them interesting (while trying to throw in what Lenric said). Next time she sees me, my body language will convey to her how I really feel. And that is the feeling of not giving a fuck lol. I feel like that mixed with the few text exchanges we had will attract her.

  7. #17
    lilsting's Avatar
    lilsting is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,343, Level: 41
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sky above Chicago
    Posts
    520
    Points
    4,343
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Update: She responded again with this:

    Her: Awww thanks that's a nice compliment well I guess I took it the wrong way then, my bad

  8. #18
    sidewinder89 is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,453, Level: 45
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 3.7%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience Points
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    552
    Points
    4,453
    Level
    45
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Rep Power
    230

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    For future reference:

    I don't agree with a lot of the earlier comments, when she says "I don't THINK" that's not a maybe it will work later it's a polite way of her saying "I'm not interested".

    You did the right thing by not going down the oh it will work or why not kind of line. I think your response is ok as it doesn't accept her frame of the situation. I would have used Red Baron's approach of:

    "Woaah there little missy, yeah we are coworkers but there's no need to start putting each other in boxes just yet, we've only just met ;p"

  9. #19
    lilsting's Avatar
    lilsting is offline PUA Forums Respected Contributor
    Points: 4,343, Level: 41
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered1000 Experience PointsSocial
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sky above Chicago
    Posts
    520
    Points
    4,343
    Level
    41
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    207

    Default Re: Got rejected. How should I frame my response?

    Conclusion to story: Nothing dramatic really. I was walking down the hall in the building I work in and she was walking in the other direction towards me. With a deep booming voice, superior body language, and strong eye contact, I said, "yoyo whatttt''s up??" She cracked under my greatness and could barely make eye contact. She responded with a "Hi, how are you?" while looking at the ground.

    Lonnie wins!

    I played it off well with the help of you guys. I could see it in her face. She was interested and didn't know how to respond. Some value was added to me later on in the day too. I got somewhat of a promotion today, and she saw me in action in my new found position. I'm still not going to persist or chase right now though. She'll just have to chase me now cause honestly I lost interest lol.

    The help was greatly appreciated gents, and if anything big develops I'll update here.

    Lastly, that Red Baron message you posted Sidewinder is golden. Pretty much accomplishes everything I did the last 2 days with that one message, while still building attraction. Will definitely have to save this one for somewhere down the line.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Got a number and response when contacted... but then got a weird response..
    By Nomad in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 11
    Last Thread: 07-12-2013, 02:59 PM
  2. Asking out after getting rejected once ?
    By Air1 in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 2
    Last Thread: 03-25-2013, 06:09 PM
  3. rejected or scared??
    By eudaimwn93 in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 2
    Last Thread: 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM
  4. Did I get rejected?
    By Paradoxj in forum Approaching, Running Sets & Building Attraction
    Replies: 4
    Last Thread: 09-12-2012, 06:41 AM
  5. I was rejected today...
    By spowell in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Thread: 04-29-2011, 03:01 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
DMCA.com