First time here... love the site.
I'm 25 and met this 23 year old girl online who seems pretty awesome. Similar interests, background, etc. She initiated contact with me and we've been in touch by email for a month and text for a few days. I'm calling her tomorrow.
Our major shared interest is skiing. We're both from the Northeast and back there for the holidays at the moment (through New Years). Both of us usually live in a part of the country where we can't ski.
I won't be back to the city where I usually live until 1/5/12 and the earliest we could go out is 1/7. We are the same distance apart now as we'll be then (90 minutes). So I'm VERY tempted to ask her to meet while we're both still in the Northeast, thinking maybe that could lead to some skiing.
I'm torn between calling her tomorrow and asking her to go out this week here in the Northeast (plus: not waiting, risk: seeming too eager) or making plans almost two weeks from now "back home" (plus: keeping it cool, risk: lost interest from waiting too long).
I'd like to hear your input. I'm happy to fill in any blanks if I've left anything important out.